Monday, April 11, 2005

Ramblings

There are a few things today that I just want to throw out there...

My friend Jay is getting married in Bolivia and has asked me to be in the wedding. I don't know if I will be able to go or not. GenXer's have such a desire for community that we are willing to travel thousands of miles to be with, or I should say to experience life with, each other. I think that is amazing. We have such a different understanding of community and work/life balance than our grandparents did, and even our parents. Many of our parents and grandparents feel like we were created to work. GenXer's know we were created to commune with each and God. Most of us cringe at the thought of going to work, coming home, mowing the grass, watching TV, and then going to bed...day after day after day. I personally throw up when I think of a life full of repetition...excuse me...okay I'm back.

My friend Sean has an iBook. My brother has a PowerBook. I have...a Dell. I hate it. I want a Mac. Sean came in the office today with pride on his face. He was so excited because he discovered voice recognition technology on his Mac. You know how long it took him to set it up? 1 Min. You know how long it takes to set up on Windows? 1 year.

Last but not least, Vote for Pedro!

No comments: