Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Atomic Clocks - Are They Real?

Do you have an Atomic Clock? I do, and I think it’s pretty cool. I never have to set the time because it is programmed from a big radio-active tower in Colorado (I wonder if that is dangerous).

Well, the other day the time got all messed up…it was running two hours slow. So it caused me to wonder how accurate the clocks are, and how I was going to correct the time. I mean, if the clock sets on its own, there shouldn’t be a way to set the time on the back of the clock, right? Wrong. I found out you can program the time manually, which means my Atomic Clock has lost all credibility in my mind. I wonder if Wal-Mart will take it back…it’s only been two years since I bought it.

Update: Due to the overwhelming (and somewhat wordy) responses I have had to "Random Thoughts About Spirituality (Part 1)" I am holding off on the second part until tomorrow. Feel free to post your final comments.

2 comments:

YCN Jr. High Youth Ministry... said...

Notice I am not commenting about spirituality at this point. I will comment about atomic clocks. working at a watch shop and selling these wonderful clocks...ya, what a joke.

but wal-mart, ah, i shop there, but I never admit it.

a thought about metro sexualness though...what about pedacures, manicures, waxes, etc? Thats pretty metro...have you embraced that?

Jon Mitchell said...

Are you saying, as a clock expert, that Atomic Clocks are a farse? Have I been dupped by the execs at Wal-Fart?

I have not embraced pedicures, manicures, and waxes, but maybe the etc. That means, a good tan every once in awhile is refreshing. My wife seems to enjoy it.