Monday, April 04, 2005

Planting Time

Call me weird, but I like to work in the yard...most days. I find it pretty relaxing, and the fact that you can see the progress you made instantly is pretty rewarding. Tonight, however, I am going to plant bulbs. I wonder if I have the patience to wait...and wait...and wait again for those blooms to start coming up. Karen and I went kind of crazy at Lowes and bought something like 50 bulbs of different flowers.

I have an issue with dirt. This weekend I went and bought a 1/2 truckload of dirt, and it barely filled 1/4 of the area I wanted it to fill up. Dirt is EVERYWHERE...why do I have to pay $40 for it, especially when it doesn't accomplish what I want it to? Anyone know where I can get some good dirt?

2 comments:

Ash Sinniger said...

i enjoyed reading your article, it was amazing...the part that touched me was the stories of the teenagers and the one about Paul, wow that was amazing.....it truely was....sorry but i dont know where to get some good dirt, lol...well all is well here, so ttyl have a wonderful week....
ash

Jason Mitchell said...

What is up with dirt costing money. Is there a shortage of it. Doesn't OPEC have something to do with the cost of dirst. Like my grandfather once said, "I remember the days when a candy bar was only a quarter, gas cost 30 cents a gallon and dirt was only 10 dollars a truck load."