Monday, August 28, 2006

The Least

Matthew 20:25-28
But Jesus called them together and said, "You know that in this world kings are tyrants, and officials lord it over the people beneath them. But among you it should be quite different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must become your slave. For even I, the Son of Man, came here not to be served but to serve others, and to give my life as a ransom for many."

I have to become a servant? Okay, I will for you Jesus, but not for that guy over there with the long hair who smells like crap. I have to become a slave? Okay, I will for you Jesus, but not for my wife when she needs me to wash the dishes. I have to love who? Okay, I'll love you Jesus, but not that co-worker who just got MY promotion.

Jesus...help me to obey.

2 comments:

AprilMarie Hawbaker said...

amen! (said with gusto, in agreement and with some self disgust thrown in)

Unknown said...

So...Gina got your promotion. I told you to be more open and forceful...then you would have gotten the job...Oh well. At least Bo did not take your job. He has only been working for week.