Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Fake

Pretentious - adj 1: making claim to or creating an appearance of (often undeserved) importance or distinction; "a pretentious country house"; "a pretentious fraud"; "a pretentious scholarly edition" [ant: unpretentious] 2: intended to attract notice and impress others; "an ostentatious sable coat" [syn: ostentatious] [ant: unostentatious] 3: of a display that is tawdry or vulgar.

Pretentiousness is a pet peeve of mine. The thing that sucks about it is I find myself being pretentious at times. Do you ever wonder why you feel you have to impress someone? Say the right thing, be the right person, act the right way. Who cares. I am going to try my best to be real with this blog...to take off the mask and become unveiled, so here I am:

a struggling husband, trying to do a better job at loving my wife
a struggling worker, trying to add value to those on our team
a struggling friend, trying to ignite passion in those around me
a struggling disciple of Jesus, trying to become more acquainted with who He is