Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Priceless

This was a good weekend. On Saturday Karen and I went to see Firewall with Harrison Ford. After church on Sunday we decided we would go driving around and explore some of the roads we never knew existed. Eventually we found ourselves at Lake Purdy which supplies most of the drinking water for Birmingham. It was pretty cool because it is a 1,050 acre lake with no houses on it...you can even rent boats! After driving around looking at enormous homes, we ended up at Barnes & Noble where I wasted a completely good hour reading the dumbest book (see pic...don't ask). Once we were done there, we went to Aldridge Gardens in Hoover and it is beautiful. To sum up our lazy Sunday - "Driving to nowhere in particular: $10 (gas). Exploring a lake you have never been to: $0. Reading America's dumbest book for an hour: pointless. Sitting in duck *#$!: smelly. Having your wife tell you that you have helped her gain lost joy: priceless."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm i bet that lake water tastes purdy darn good. snicker snicker.

Anonymous said...

awesome, jon. i am glad you were able to relax and be with kareny!

Jason Mitchell said...

Lake Purdy?

Weird...

The Chiaramontes said...

That sounds like fun! I am glad that you and Karen were able to spend quality time together. I know that Karen appreciated that!

YCN Jr. High Youth Ministry... said...

So I giggled (much like a school girl...) when I read your second sentence of your blog: "On Saturday Karen and I went to see Firewall with Harrison Ford."

You saw a movie with Harrison Ford? No, you lie! Is he from B-Ham or something?


(btw, I know what you meant, but I am a volunteer in a 9th grade English class, so my eyes are trained to see the funny wording.)

Love ya man...and Harry too!

Anonymous said...

Sweetie, thank you for taking time out for me last Sunday! I love going on adventures with you. I treasure those quiet, stressfree moments when we can just be together and forget about all the things we "need to" be doing. You are such a blessing to me. I love fellowship with you..my man!

Ben said...

Hey.

What is your email. Cannot find it on here. Hope all is well. contact me at benbrammer@hotmail.com when you have a chance. Or check out benbrammer.blogspot.com